Do you often feel irritable, on edge, ready to snap?
Do you experience poor concentration or confusion, or feel easily overwhelmed?
Do you suffer from trauma related scars, nightmares, or flashbacks?
Do you avoid situations or reminders of a traumatic event?
Are you suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, or depression?
You are not alone. All of these symptoms make perfect sense when we look at the impact of trauma in the brain.
Trauma can alter how the brain functions, and its signs and symptoms can vary from finding it difficult to trust and being constantly on guard, to sudden panic and intrusive, anxiety-ridden thoughts. And while the signs and symptoms can feel complex and at times overwhelming, recovery is possible.
We offer a variety of therapeutic approaches to help you process traumatic experiences in a safe, supportive environment. We will work with you and respect your role as an equal collaborator in your treatment and healing.
So if these sound like you…
– I struggle with anxiety or depression
– I relive traumatic events with accompanying unwanted memories, vivid images, and physical signs like sweating, palpitations, and panic attacks
– I am hyper vigilant or easily frightened
– I feel edgy or irritable often
– I feel like the joy, love, and other positive emotions have been sucked from my life
– I’d like professional help to better understand and cope with previous trauma
– I want to live an easier, happier, more connected life
…Then we may offer the ideal therapeutic approach for you.
Trauma-informed therapy combines different approaches and techniques to help lessen, even eliminate, the painful mental and physical responses raised by the memory of traumatic events, and seeks to create new, healthier patterns in your brain.
In therapy we work with you toward lessening, even extinguishing, the pain. It’s our goal to identify the source and triggers for your emotional and physical suffering, to discuss ways to deal with unhelpful and unhealthy thoughts and behaviors, and to teach you techniques to manage distress and enable you to move forward. If you would like us to show you how to take your next steps to heal from the trauma you have experienced, please contact us today for an appointment.